Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Last night, some of my girlfriends took me out for ice cream and then to see the movie Julie & Julia. It was a birthday surprise planned by my hubby and my good friend Sherry. I was picked up by Lori and then driven to Maggie Moo's where 6 other friends were sitting there waiting for us. Friends, ice cream, popcorn, good movie...what more could I have asked for on the day after my birthday? The movie is a definite recommendation, I give it an A. It was a great movie about the support and love of the men behind two women and how they couldn't have succeeded without them. Julia Child's hubby called her "the butter for my bread and the breath of my life". Too sweet! A very touching moment when she, Julia, found out that her sister was pregnant (Julia was unable to have children) and she cried into her hubby's shirt and then said (as she was bawling), "I really am so happy for her". I knew exactly how she felt and started bawling too. It brought back some very intense memories for me. I remember the exact spot where I was sitting in our home in Virginia when Allison told me on the phone that she was pregnant. I bawled but was also so happy for her too. Weird, conflicting emotions. But I do believe "all things work together for good" and I now am able to be empathetic towards those who are going through the same thing in their life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home