Monday, December 18, 2006

Potty Training Poo-Poo's!



Wow! This is even worse than the newborn stage (maybe that's a slight exaggeration, at least now I can sleep through the night after such a tiring day)! You sit on the potty for 15 minutes, reading books and singing, five minutes after we leave the bathroom, they (or one of them) have an accident all over the floor. Are they ever going to get it? We went through seven panties and pants today. By the end of the day, we were just down to panties and shirts. I feel so much appreciation for all you parents who have gone through this already and so much pity for those of you who have not reached this point yet. Hopefully tomorrow I will be a bit more patient. It didn't help that Kenzie had an accident on our bed that leaked all the way through (thank the Lord for mattress covers) and then Sydney colored on her dresser with crayons. I had to add this pic of Syd looking so innocent (and preppy!) just to remind myself that she truly is!!!! As my sister texted to me today: "Just another manic Monday, wish it were Sunday"! So true, so true.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes. WE spent 2 full days in the bathroom, then she HAD it!! we had a good 3-4 days of no accidents at all. And now we are back to pullups. Ugh.

9:59 PM  
Blogger cool rita said...

What are those pink strollers? I can't win, somebody always beats me to the punch! Boo!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Potty training is very time consuming and exhausting. It's well worth it once it's done. Now I got to get our boy thru it- HELP.

3:31 PM  
Blogger A Davis said...

yeah, good luck with boys on that one. my boy took at least a good 6 months till he was fully potty-trained. oh, this is erica's sister, by the way. i'm the one who complained to her a million times on the phone, now she's gets to go through it...

11:06 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

My son usually does switch forth back to diapers/pullups for a while now. Some of my gf told me it is very challenge to train boy(s) with potty training rather than girl(s).

5:05 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

It is amazing because after that horrible day on Monday, they had NO accidents on Tuesday. Now Wed we are back to a few accidents again. The days they get it, I feel such relief and then there's this huge disappointment the next day when they act like they have never even seen a potty! At least I know I'm not alone!

9:06 PM  
Blogger A Davis said...

One step forward, two steps back!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am 49 years old and I am potty trained (except when I cough or laugh real hard)- it will eventually happen!! Tammy Mitchell

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your frustration...I have two boys, ages 3 1/2 and 2 - potty training is a huge thing here in our house. Sometimes it feels like it's going to take forever to get the concept through to both of them - my older son still has to be coaxed into thinking it's a good idea. Hang in there and good luck!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home