Wednesday, May 07, 2008

From Innocence to Independence


I needed a quick little reminder of the girls' sweetness and adorable innocence. Tonight has been a bit trying and the girls' have both been pushing the limits. Kenzie was sent to bed early after she refused to eat her veggies at dinner and Syd threw a couple tantrums and spent lots of time in time out. We had never tried sending either of the girls to bed early, but it seemed to work well for Kenzie...she hated it. We're also having issues with Kenz telling the truth. She will lie even when things are completely obvious. Jon was working downstairs and I told the girls not to go down there and bother him. Next thing I know, I hear them walking down the stairs. I ask, "Are you guys going downstairs?" And Kenz instantly replies, "No." When we discipline her, she gets a little smirk on her face, like she thinks it's funny. It's absolutely frustrating!
Syd is going through a stage where she yells at me or Jon when she doesn't get her way or get to do something on her own. She has a tiny tantrum no matter where we are or how small the issue.
On the other hand, they will sometimes knock you off your feet with their cute sayings or when they say, "I love you mommy" without you saying it first. Today, Syd saw an orange swimsuit I bought for her last weekend and she asked if it was for her. When I told her it is, she said, "Thank you so much, mommy, since you know orange is my favorite color, oh, thank you, mommy"! Of course, if it wasn't for the bad times, then the good times would not be as sweet. I think?!! Or at least that's what I tell myself when I reflect on the bad times!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Adams Family said...

AWW! My son, Devon is going through same stage now and we (my husband and I) really work hard to be more patient with him since we are deaf parents. Also we always try to keep our communicate open daily and remind him that we are here too.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Judah said...

hmmm. mikayla is like Syd. that girl can let out a scream like a banshee when she doesn't get her way!
then later she will out of the blue, I love you so much mommy.

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Eri, it's worth it!
From and older mom that used to call your mom for advice all the time!!! They grow and this too shall change - keep doin' what you're doin'!

love to you all,
A. Resa

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep hanging in there!

heather

8:24 AM  
Blogger A Davis said...

I taught 'em all i know!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home