Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Dream Come True!!!!

I came home from choir practice tonight to a letter waiting for me on the table. The return address was RID (Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf). I knew instantly that it had to be about the National Exam that I had taken back in October in Washington D.C. My first instinct was that it was a fail letter because it was so small and skinny, I was expecting a packet with information. So I told myself not to cry and I ripped it open. The first words were: Dear Erica: Congratulations! I started screaming and jumping up and down and hugging Jon and screaming some more! This is absolutely a dream come true. For the last ten years, I have always thought that this was out of reach, that I would never be good enough. Of course, I am my own worse critic. Even now, it's so hard for me to believe that I'm "one of them". All those years of hard work and tears and challenging situations has finally paid off! Thank you, God, for giving me this talent and giving me a way to find it and cultivate it and succeed in it. I know God gives us desires and passions and then wants us to be successful in it. He has truly made that happen for me and I'm eternally grateful. I'm on the verge of tears right now, just thinking about everything that had to fall in place for this to happen. God's hand was in it all. I doubt if I ever would have gone into this field if we had not moved to Roanoke ten years ago and I had to look at new schools and start over again. I was going into Elementary Education until I found a small Community College down the road that offered an Interpreter Training Program. How would I have ever known that our move would bring me to this? God is good and I'm going to celebrate this weekend!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it awesome to look back and see how god has brought things together!!
That is awesome!! Praising with you!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

You go girl!! You deserve to celebrate that you did have your dream come true!! Again Congratulation!!!!!!!!

2:51 PM  
Blogger mmartin said...

Congrats Erica! Sometimes we have to wait for God to bless but it is always worth it!

4:27 PM  
Blogger cool rita said...

That's my baby girl. I remember praying many times for you, even as you were a newborn in my arms, that God's special plan for your life would be fulfilled and all that you would do would glorify Him. Not just a dream, but prayer from the very first day!!! Love u...MOM

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home