Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Trimming the Tree




The girls LOVE helping with the tree decorating. It is really cute how they always put their ornaments in the same area and usually multiple ones on each branch. Jon wanted to leave it the way they decorated it, but I just can't!! Maybe I'm a horible mother, but with my perfectionism, I can't stand having the ornaments not evenly dispersed. Maybe someday we will have a tree in the family room that they can decorate completely on their own, but for now, they can help and then I will move them around later! They didn't seem too offended when they saw it the next day! We are teaching them not to hold a grudge! Ha!
I've been thinking about letting my hair go back to natural color. What do you all think? Can I pull off being a brunette? They say blondes have more fun...wouldn't want my life to get boring or anything! I'm also thinking about quiting WW and trying to do this weight loss thing on my own. Since our move from Roanoke, I have not been able to lose consistently and I feel as though I'm wasting my money. I lost weight on my own before (and kept it off for four years), I can do it again, right? I'm facing some tough life decisions right now...yeah, whatever!!! The weight loss needs to happen and I need to get more serious about it, but my hair color?! Please!
On a more serious note, I've been so proud of my hubby lately. Not only has he taken a huge leap of faith by leaving Parkway and church-planting, but he has done it so well. He was concerned about preaching every week and he hits it out of the park each Sunday. Whenever I'm in the service (which is not often, since kid's ministry always needs more workers), I'm challenged by his sermons. Last week he talked about being neutral and as Christians, we cannot be...Jesus said we are either for him or against him. He had a creative way for people to respond at the end and quite a few did, which I know was a relief to Jon. I see him everyday making decisions for Journey Church and he constantly has God's wisdom and maturity in what he does and says. He truly is anointed by God. I feel blessed and undeserving to have a husband such as him. These are not things that I'm just now realizing about Jon, but in his new role as lead pastor, his attributes are shining through more completely. Jon, if you read this blog, I'm so proud of you, honey.

11 Comments:

Blogger The Adams Family said...

Love your Christmas tree and always love to smell the real tree when I was little girl, miss that! About your hair, it is your decision and feel which more comfortable for you. I know you will success to lose the weigh on your own! :-) Love and miss you all!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Pam. You are always so positive!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Judah said...

hey guys! We knew he could do it!
He is lucky to have such a wonderful wife!
The tree looks great, and like you, I secretly switched around mikayla's placing of ornaments after she went to bed!!
Girl you look great no matter what, go with what makes you comfortable

8:27 PM  
Blogger Heather Durkee said...

I couldn't leave the ornaments either!

I am glad things are going well. Jon is a great leader and Adam was very glad to have him as an encourager and leader!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Mark and Jen said...

I think you can do brunette but I will admit I miss being blonde :) And I agree with the ww thing but thats why i quit because I know I can do it on my own...im not doing so well but I wasnt with ww either. You look great anyways! :)

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl you go for the natural, you can always color it again if you want to. though there is an art to the transition period.I love that I do not have to keep up with highlights anymore!! Seriously your girls could not be any cuter!!!!
Jaime Redcay

12:25 AM  
Blogger Gwen Jackson said...

Dennis would have said to let the tree be, but I would have rearranged the ornaments, too :).

I like your hair the way it is. When we saw you in October, I thought you looked great - hair and all! Your smile and sweet, loving nature are always a blessing to me.

Great to hear how that hubby of yours is doing. There must be a great woman behind that man!

12:34 AM  
Blogger A Davis said...

Dang, girl, you know how to pump up the hubby! :) I like the blond, it would be different to see you go brunette, but i would understand. With WW, i think you can do it on your own too, but i think you look great period...if you eat healthy and excercise, you'll be fine, even if you don't get back to that before-babies weight. all of us who have had babies know that our bodies completely change. it sucks, but it is the way it is. if you didn't lose another pound, i don't think it would be a big deal..you're a hottie, and I know jon thinks so too!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Thanks for all the advice, you guys are all so encouraging. What would I do without you?

8:47 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I had gotten behind on your blog! So great to hear how well things are going. You can quit WW & be successful, I know it. You are a powerful woman. I never saw you as a brunette, I can't picture it, but sure you can pull it off!

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erica. Well, you and April are better mothers than me to wait until after your girls went to bed to change the ornaments around, because I just took charge of the whole ornament placement thing while we were decorating the tree. Audrey didn't seem to mind too much when I told her we couldn't have 5 or 6 ornaments on the same branch! Wow - brunette? Well, I am probably a little biased but I think you would look great. As far as WW-you just have to do what you think is right. I agree w/everyone else. You look fantastic. And once you've had a baby, or babies, AND you're over 30-I say be happy. And if that means not wearing the same jeans you wore in high school or college than so be it! Love-Jessica M

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home