Sunday, November 11, 2007

Forever True, Forever Friend

One of my very best friends of all time, Sherry Caldwell.

What happens when the two of us get together!
God has really blessed me throughout my life with great friends. I know some people go through life without ever having the closeness of a true bosom buddy, but I have been fortunate to have had several awesome friends all over the US! This last weekend, I met one of those best friends, Sherry (from Roanoke), in Columbus for a great time of catching up, shopping, and movies! It's not too often that you can find someone who will shop with you for 9 hours and watch two movies in two nights. They say that you know you are true friends when after you have been apart, you can pick up where you left off and never skip a beat. That's what happened this weekend. Sherry, you are a very special friend and I love you tons! Thanks for a memorable time.
There was also something kinda funny that happened as we were leaving our hotel Sunday morning. We saw a van from Indiana Wesleyan University, so I asked the kid in the drivers' seat which group they were with from IWU. He said, "the Chorale". I couldn't believe it! They were singing that morning at a church right down the street from our hotel! So we drove there and I ran inside and said HI to Prof. Guy and my cousin Joyce who sings in the Chorale. Of course, she was shocked to see me there, in Ohio of all places! It was great to see her though. But we decided not to stay for the service since Sherry and I had more shopping to do!

5 Comments:

Blogger cool rita said...

No church?!!! You heathen!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

It felt real good too!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Gwen Jackson said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

9:53 PM  
Blogger The Adams Family said...

I love your family photos and your girls sure do grow fast! :-) Hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday!

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful. I hope you, Jon, and the girls have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Jessica M

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home