Saturday, November 03, 2007

Fallin' Leaves





Today was a beautiful fall day. Just a little chill in the air but bright and sunny. Lots of leaves in our backyard so we sprung for a leaf blower. The fam was here to help us pick up some new furniture (finally got rid of that old kitchen table! woohoo!) so Jon and Ben used the leaf blower and made a huge pile for the kids to jump in. They had a blast! Even mommy and daddy had a little fun jumping in!

As I talk about getting new furniture and look around at our beautiful house, I am overwhelmed with gratefulness. Sometimes I feel so unworthy to have so many things. Jon and I have challenged eachother in reading God's Word by reading chapters together from The Message. This last week we read Matthew 5-8 and then tonight we talked about it. I was especially struck by the verses 30-33 in chapter 6. "If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers-most of which are never even seen-don't you think He will attend to you, take pride in you, do His best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions." Wow! God's Word always has a way of getting my perspective right. Thank you Lord for reminding me tonight of how much YOU provide (I don't have to do it on my own) and how I need to be preoccupied with responding to your giving. Hopefully, you all have a chance to read some passages from The Message too. For someone who has read the Bible for years, it really gives some new insight to verses that you've heard the same way over and over.

Hope you all had a fun fall day as well and were able to enjoy God's creation in some way!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Durkee said...

We miss you.

Glad that God's provision is not only taking care of you but that you are growing closer to Him.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Judah said...

Isn't it amazing to read His word, get new insight on verses and discuss them, I love that time with chris.
love the photos, that is alot of leaves

10:18 PM  
Blogger Gwen Jackson said...

Got your comment on my blog. It was so great to see you guys last night as well. I'm feeling the affects of a late night on this late afternoon :).
Can't wait to connect again sometime.

Have a good week with the girls and a great weekend with your friend!

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see everyone is doing ok this is Glenn at parkway in the choir. I was wondering what is yours and John email address. And what is the web site of the church? sgmfan@cox.net Ps. Miss you guys

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home