Thursday, July 24, 2008

My spoiled life..as my hubby so endearingly reminds me

This morning the girls slept until almost 8:30am! Of course, I had to be at an interpreting job at 9am, so I was up already and getting ready. If I have to be up for something, then almost definitely the girls will sleep late. I said something to Jon about the girls sleeping late, and he basically said, "boo hoo. You live such a charmed life and most mornings you sleep later than most of the world!" It was quite endearing and humorous, but it really got me thinking...I sure do live a charmed life.
By most of the world's standards, I'm pretty spoiled and rich too! I have a skill that is in high demand so I can set my rates and my hours AND I love what I do. We have a house that is large enough for an extra room called the "toy room". Our refrigerator is stocked with food and some of it may be thrown out because we might not get to eating it. I have a husband who helps out so much around the house, loves his daughters intensely, and thinks I'm a hottie even when I don't think it myself! I have a walk-in closet that has at least 35 pairs of shoes in it. I have a personal relationship with Jesus and know that he has my whole life in his mighty hands! I own at least six Bibles. I'm a part of an awesome church that is reaching out to people who don't yet have the understanding of Jesus that I have. A church where the people I've known for only a year have already come to feel like lifelong friends.
Wow, my hubby was completely right this morning, I am spoiled! Or, as we always say in the church circle, "blessed".

4 Comments:

Blogger A Davis said...

plus, you have a sister who goes to the movies about anytime you want...when she's not dead-tired from being pregnant. ;)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

You're right! I could have added soo much more, but I thought you all would get sick of hearing it!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Judah said...

i like the term blessed, good one.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Just before I read your blog I had been thinking how lucky I was that I do not have to work, that I get to be here with my girls and enjoy them and invest in them. I totally relate to your "spoiled life"! Thanks for sharing, always.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home