Thursday, August 07, 2008

Myrtle Beach Surprise




Okay, spoiled is an understatement! My hubby planned a week long surprise vacation for just the two of us to Myrtle Beach!

Here's the whole story:
On Saturday before we left, Jon put a note on my bathroom mirror telling me to pack a bag for 9 days...shorts, flip flops, suits, etc. He said I had to be ready to leave after church on Sunday, with my bags packed and a bag packed for the girls. My parents show up at church and then take the girls home with them. We get in the car with Ben and Sharon and start driving towards Detroit. We check into the Crowne Plaza near the Detroit airport and then get some dinner. Ben and Sharon leave us at the hotel and take the car. The next morning we take a shuttle to the airport and when we are in line checking in, the attendant says, "Enjoy your time in Myrtle Beach"! I was ecstatic and absolutely surprised!

The two of us had an awesome time...like a second honeymoon. Sleeping in late, laying by the pool, walking on the beach, reading on the balcony that overlooks the beach, eating out, and shopping. My man knows how to take care of me, let me tell you.
The last pic is with our good friends (Paul and Chris Piraino) from New York who just happened to be in Myrtle Beach the same week that we were! It was great to catch up with them.


8 Comments:

Blogger Judah said...

awesome!! we just missed you! we are heading down there ourselves. wow, can't imagine a week vacation without the kids.
with only one vacation a year, I doubt that will ever happen.
you are spoiled, oh sorry I mean blessed

3:27 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

It was great to see your girls while we visited your parents. I'm pretty sure both of them walked by at the end of a meal to wash our hands for us. They also tracked down Ella and washed hers again. Ella had a wonderful time playing with them. The only bummer was we didn't get to see you guys, but you were where you needed to be!

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! I love surprise trips!

I interned at Victory Hwy. [with another pastor] but got to know Paul P. a bit!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Jess,
Great to hear from you! I heard the girls loved hanging out with Ella. I'm sure Syd was her little mama!

2:58 PM  
Blogger A Davis said...

yeah, miss spoiled thing...as Lori said that one night, "we're all in agreement that we hate Erica, right?" !! ha!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Gwen Jackson said...

Great to catch up with you last Friday! So glad you had a great get-away.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Great to see you too, Gwen. I'm going to look forward to having you around more often!!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Jaime Lee said...

oh my what a special hubby you have!! Jed was just quoting him last night, from some advice you guys gave us in premarital counseling.....wow 8 years ago!!
Have to tell you, a relative of ours has 3 boys and decided to try for a girl, she is pregnant with twin boys!! I thought you could appreciate this like no other mom probaly could...she has some busy days ahead of her!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home