Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Celebrity Sighting...


Today, I got my first opportunity to interpret for a "celebrity"! I interpreted for B.D. Wong from Law & Order: SVU at a Diversity presentation in Kalamazoo. I have to say I haven't met too many stars, and I was tongue tied, star struck, whatever! But it was a good time. He decided to have a little fun with me during his presentation and made me sign "Erica Allen is the most beautiful woman in the whole world"! I know my face was red as a tomato, I was so embarrassed! And even though he was there to talk about his experiences with Asian-American diversity issues, he really talked more about being gay. Which I find interesting considering Kalamazoo is going through a huge debate right now about adding gay/lesbian community to the hate crime laws that are being put on the books...hhmmm? A little strategy going on there? Anyway, no matter the subject, I LOVE my job! And today it was lots of fun!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Adams Family said...

WOW! That is great post and laughing about how he make your face blush!! :-)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Mark and Jen said...

that my favorite show! Will you be at bible study tomorrow...don't know if you heard but we are moving to Cincinnati so it would be nice to see you before we take off in two weeks!

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Kayla Wiseman said...

Wow!!! That is so cool. I love that show.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Gwen Jackson said...

Who would have ever thought you would get such an opportunity with your job. Very cool!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home