Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Romantic Husband...

Not too many great thoughts going through my mind right now, except that I'm so thankful for my husband! He is an amazing man. I could talk and talk about the things he has done for me, but today he wrote a poem about his love for me and I'm overwhelmed. I will not share the whole poem here (wink!) but here are a couple stanzas:

Did I decide to love your support of me or was it just there?
Your willingness to pack it all in and take a risk?
Your frustration with me when I don't see myself well enough?
Did I decide to love you for those or was it just there?

Did I decide to love your fearlessness or was it just there?
Your willingness to jump head first into a new place or city?
Your willingness to try something you've never done?
Did I decide to love you for those or was it just there?

Did I decide to love you, or is it just there?
I am still unsure whether I decided or just do, but I am sure I just enjoy loving you!

Isn't it great to be so in love after 12 years of marriage? Sometimes I'm amazed that I'm more in love with my hubby than the day we married. When we were newlyweds, it was our pet peeve when people would say that it doesn't last, you won't be so romantic when you've been married ten years, blah blah blah. Jon and I used to tell eachother that we were going to choose a different life, we weren't going to let that happen to us, because we know that love is a choice. And I must admit, he is a romantic...I know I am very lucky (fortunate, blessed, whatever you want to call it) to have a man that carries more than his share in keeping the romance in our marriage!

Okay, I'm done bragging!

5 Comments:

Blogger Gwen Jackson said...

Hi Erica! My hubby is a romantic as well. See my Valentines post... after 30 years of Valentine's I'd say this last one was our best ever. Keep on enjoying and loving that husband of yours!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Mark and Jen said...

Mark and I have a pet peeve too. And it is the same as yours! We always think it is so discouraging when people are like "oh you are just newly weds, it wears off"!

11:10 PM  
Blogger mdiggs said...

Wow... That is romantic! Thank God for Romantic hubbies.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Awwww I love it, that's so wonderful; hopefully I'm as lucky one day!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hai Erica, such a lovely husband you have there.. Here somthing for your husband,

Romantic Things To Do For Your Wife:

1. Put the children to bed
2. Plan a date night and arrange the babysitting, too
3. Massage her legs with lotion
4. Whisper, "I love you" in her ear

Ask your husband to visit my blog to get more romantic tips for husband and wife.. Thanks..

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home