Thursday, January 25, 2007


Well, Mom told me to update my blog, but I didn't have anything new and exciting to talk about, so I thought I would show you the most recent page that I just scrapbooked. Pretty sad that I'm just now getting to summer pics, but one of my goals for this year is to scrapbook at least one night a week. That way I should be able to catch up a little. And if I do it one night a week, then I get addicted and I actually end up doing it more often than that. It probably doesn't help that I'm trying to tackle 3 scrapbooks at one time (one for each of the girls and one for family)! This page will go in the family album.

Our church is in the middle of Missions Conference (a time during the year when we focus on missions and raising money to support our missionaries) and last night we had our opening rally. David Fuller was the speaker and his talk was so convicting. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. Our theme is "Go Tell It From the Mountain" (since our new church is on a hilltop), so he was talking about when we go and tell, what do we tell them? If we don't have an intimate relationship with Christ which brings inner joy, then we will have nothing to offer people who need that joy. We can't give what we don't have. And he used a verse in Acts (19:11-13) that talks about people using the name of Paul and the name of Christ to heal and drive out demons. And one demon looked at them and said, "I know Jesus and I know Paul, but who are you?" So if we don't have a relationship with Christ that gives us ultimate joy, then people will notice that we don't have what we are trying to offer them! Wow, for me that was really powerful!

A quick update on the potty training thing. The girls are catching on!!!! Until today, Kenzie had no accidents for two weeks (of course, when we are out, they wear a pull-up...but at home, panties all day!) and Sydney has not had an accident for a week! At the beginning, I thought they would never get it, now I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Praise the Lord!

Mom, hope that's a good enough update for you...I better get a comment from you! I haven't taken any pics this week of the girls, so I will try to be better next week. Last Sunday, when we were getting our ice storm (yeah right) the girls helped me make chocolate chip cookies and we forgot to get pics of it. They had a blast though, so maybe we will do it again this weekend and remember to take pics this time. Anyone want some cookies?

I just got off the phone with Linz and found out that she's coming home from IWU for the weekend! WooHoo! I'll be going to some late movies this weekend! Yeah!

7 Comments:

Blogger A Davis said...

Wish i was there for some late-night movies. text me, you skanks!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I love your scrapbook! I am trying to catch up on my son, Devon's scrapbook and it is been almost a year to scrap! I know it is hard to keep up with scrapbook and lot of other things to do at home with family! ;-) But I already hook with my new blog and thanks for your suggestion that I try this! ;-)

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

about time for an update!!
I blogged on What David said last night too, how funny!
looking forward to hearing Ben speak tonight!

4:04 PM  
Blogger cool rita said...

Yeah!!!! You know if you don't blog I will call more often...have to talk to those girls. I think we need a web cam now! Love you all to bits!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

I wanted to go tonight too, but Kenzie had diahrea a few times tonight and I don't know if she is trying to fight off something or not. Jon is soooo over protective so he vetoed me coming right away. And I was looking forward to it all day. I really needed to get out of here!!!! Pam, blogging is addictive isn't it?!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did Marilyn tell you that I called on wednesday?

10:14 PM  
Blogger A Davis said...

blog more!!! i miss your life!!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home