Sunday, September 28, 2008

Then and Now

Makenzie 1st Birthday

Makenzie 4th Birthday

Sydney 1st Birthday

Sydney 4th Birthday

Pretty amazing, but we have the exact same Happy Birthday crowns that they wore for their first birthdays! Hopefully we can keep them for a long time and compare pics when they are 18! We celebrated their birthdays on Saturday with a party for family and friends. We explained to the girls that it was not actually their birthday, so then on Wednesday, when it actually was their birthday, they thought they were now 5! Like a year had passed in three days! Of course, at times, it feels like a year (or four) has passed that quickly.

5 Comments:

Blogger Judah said...

whata neat idea!! wow, they have grown up so much

11:39 PM  
Blogger Jessica Mason said...

I can't believe how alike they looked then and how different they look now. I know what you mean about their concept of time. It's quite interesting. Yesterday to Audrey is always "last week".

9:04 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

They have changed so much in just 4 years, and look thrilled at their party. Hope it was a blast!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I wish I could remember the exact saying, but it goes something like this..."In parenting young children, the moments sometimes feel like years, but the years feel like moments." I've thought of that often! It's so challenging in the early years and I remember wondering how I was going to get thru some days, even some minutes...and now look at me, grieving because the years passed so quickly! I remember Morgan use to say "It was very, very, very, very, very, very yesterday". It's cute how their little minds think! By the way, your girls look so very happy!! :) too cute!! (or should I say 2 cuties!! :))

9:12 PM  
Blogger Gwen Jackson said...

Happy Birthday Makenzie and Sydney!

I love the birthday crowns idea and the pictures through the years. Should make fun wedding pictures some day... hear Sydney is already thinking that far ahead :).

Nice to see Jon at the retreat. We'll see you in a couple Sundays - can't wait!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home