Friday, October 24, 2008

Date night has been postponed. Instead of having an intimate time with my hubby, we will be picking up trash at the Caledonia HS football game in the rain. All in the name of outreach! Jon said he owes me big time...you better believe it! No free dates to make up for missing this one! We had done the trash pick up thing a couple weeks ago with the whole group that worked in the concessions and it went so well that the Athletic Director called and asked if Journey would do it again. So here we are...getting ready to go pick up trash in the rain...we love you Caledonia, can you tell?! I have a little ray of hope that we may be able to go out for a date tomorrow night since the girls are at grandma's and she thought she was keeping them for two nights and not just tonight. If Jon's not feeling to overwhelmed after being at a conference all day, then I may get my date this weekend anyway! We'll see! Just so you all know...Jon is the best hubby on the earth and after all he's ever done for me, I can allow him to skip out on a little date with me. My good friend Teresa reminded me yesterday about the Myrtle Beach trip when I was whining about my date night...thanks for the reminder, Teresa.

4 Comments:

Blogger Judah said...

awe but you will be serving together, how amazing is that!!!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I've been feeling the same need/desire for some alone time out on a date with Mike! Hope you will be able to find some time soon! And oh yah, congrats on reaching another milestone in your interpreting career! That was exciting to read about.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Aww...at least on the upside it's still time together which is better than apart!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Gwen Jackson said...

Sooooo, did you get the date night?

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home