Saturday, December 22, 2007

Kenzie's New Do!






Okay, so I bit the bullet today and got Kenzie's hair chopped off! We had gone to the cheap place for Jon and Sydney, but when we got there, I thought, what the heck! Kenzie hates to have her hair brushed anyway, so why not get something cute and easy. She sat in the chair with an angry face the whole time, but afterwards she loved it (and so did mommy and daddy). It was really hard to watch her beautiful curls fall to the ground, and even harder to see how much older the cut makes her look. We were like, where is our baby?

We had an enjoyable morning going to our neighbors' house for waffles this morning. Our neighbors on the left invited us and another family over for breakfast and we had such a wonderful time. We feel so blessed that God has put us in an area where we can get to know and witness to our neighbors. I even got to go out last Sunday night with the ladies for a girls' night out and I felt like everone was welcoming and open to deeper relationship. We pray for our neighbors often and wait for an opportunity to share with them about Christ. We feel like God is opening many doors for us!

This year Christmas seems extra special with the girls starting to really understand the story of the birth of Christ. It's amazing to see the season through their wonderment and joy. Sydney told us the other day that Mary and Joseph were coming to Caledonia to have baby Jesus! That opened the door for us to talk about Jesus being with us everywhere, but it got a little too theological for their simple understanding. Their simple faith is a joy for us to see and also a good reminder of the faith that God calls us to. We pray for simple faith for you all this Christmas!

3 Comments:

Blogger Judah said...

they look so grown up now. Love Sydney's do, she looks like a preteen!!

I love listening to mikayla talk about Jesus, and the christmas story.

10:11 PM  
Blogger The Adams Family said...

They both look so great! Same thing with my son, Devon when we took him to have his hair cut and he would start cried while the barber (woman) tried to calm him down. After that, he said, "Mom, my hair looks good!" and I told him, "Yes I loved your hair!".

9:27 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

You guys sound great, I am jealous of the snow! I love the new do, I would never have the guts to watch Autumns curls fall to the floor. I hope to see you when you come in January, call me or get Sherry to tell me what you are doing while you are in town! Sorry I haven't spoken in a while things have been busy with the kids and work and everything!

Love ya
Crystal

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home