Friday, January 11, 2008

Ok, so I don't know how they do it. Full-time working moms! This week, I worked four days out of five at a high school and absolutely loved it, but also felt like the week flew by with nothing accomplished (around the house at least). Of course, I made good money and that was something accomplished...but as far as my other job (wife and mother) that was completely neglected. Since I do not do this every week, I know my girls and hubby will not be suffering much from it, but what if this was my life? I personally would have to work very hard to balance all areas of my life. I would have to be more productive in the evenings, instead of laying around and vegging out. So to all the moms who have this figured out and work full-time as well as keep their homes and families running...kudos! I admire you!

6 Comments:

Blogger Judah said...

I agree with you. Wheneve I sub at preschool and thats just half a day, I feel overwhelmed and like I short changed my daughter and husband. So I know what you mean, how do those working moms do it?!!
Not much longer til we get to see you, so excited!!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Mark and Jen said...

I don't know how they do it either...I don't even have kids and when I work 40 hours a week I wonder how I would ever fit kids in the mix. I miss you feel like I havn't talked to you in forever. I would like to get together soon. I dont have a phone or a car though so it makes things difficult :(

5:07 PM  
Blogger Gwen Jackson said...

Some can and some can't. I'm one of those who couldn't. I sometimes wonder if those who can, really "do it."

Although I volunteered over the years in various ways, I'm thankful to have stayed home to raise our four kids. As an empty nester, I can look back with great fulfillment and consider it an honor and a privilege to have done so. And there's still lots of life left to do whatever I want to do!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

I know I couldn't do it full time. I look forward to the days when I will be home with the girls. But being away from them is nice too. I think working once in awhile helps me keep my head on straight and enjoy them more when I am home with them.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

And Jen, yes, we have to have a girls night out soon...I miss you too!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home