Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting Day!

Did my civic duty today and voted! Luckily, I didn't have to wait in line for hours like some did...I was in and out in 15 minutes! I was a bit shocked that Michigan is still a darken in the circle system. I felt like I was taking a multiple choice test! Plus, in Virginia, we always voted in the schools, but here in Michigan, a lot of the voting was in churches. Does separation of church and state only apply when it doesn't benefit the government?

I was remembering that four years ago when I voted for president, the girls were only 2 months old and I took them into the booth with me in their car seats (they slept through the whole thing). When we left, the worker put a "I voted" sticker on both of their feet...so cute! Then I went to Taco Bell for lunch! I remember the important stuff! That was four years ago and it just feels like yesterday.

Another cute story, I picked the girls up from preschool and I had my "I voted" sticker on. Sydney asked me what it said and I told her I had voted. She had a puzzled look on her face and said, Huh? So I said, "Honey, when you grow up, you will have the privilege to vote (or pick) for the person that will run our country." She said, "But mommy, when I grow up I want to be a nurse!" Wow, she definitely knows exactly what she wants! I told her that nurses can vote too!

3 Comments:

Blogger A Davis said...

voter or nurse?! that's a toss-up.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Mark and Jen said...

voter sounds way easier

10:36 PM  
Blogger Mark and Jen said...

but im not sure that it pays as well

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home