Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Fruit of the Sprirt is...

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. If you are a Christian, then you have heard these all your life but (like me) not really understood what they meant or how they should be evident in our lives. I've been taking the Beth Moore Bible study called Living Beyond Yourself; Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit. It has really been working me over and God has been convicting me through this study so I thought I would share a bit here.

For the first time in my Christian walk, I have realized that since I am a Christian, I have this great gift from God...the Holy Spirit. And a life that bears much fruit will please God, so have I been bearing the fruit of the Holy Spirit? No! The thing is, this fruit does not come easily. The Spirit is given to us when we become a Christian, but the fruit comes later. Through a filling of the Spirit daily, through reading God's Word and prayer. These weeks in this study, I've had to ask God daily to manifest this fruit through my life, to help me as I try to walk in His Spirit. I've been reminded of what God said in 2 Corinthians: "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." It is so freeing to live with the fruit of the Spirit working in my life.

Today's study is on gentleness and the Greek description of gentleness is: "The acceptance of God's dealings with us considering them as good in that they enhance the closeness of our relationship with him."

Wow! God is dealing with me so gently and tenderly, because it (He) is good and all He desires for me is to be closer to Him and to have what is better than all I could imagine. He only convicts me in order to change my weaknesses into strengths and to enhance the closeness of my relationship to Him. He wants the very best for me, and the fruit, gentleness, will be evident in my life if I accept how He deals with me and I stop fighting and resisting Him...knowing that He is good.

Anyway, normally, I do not do much musing on my blog, since I don't see myself as a writer...BUT I was too excited about what God has been doing in my life to keep it to myself! I had to share how cool God is! I hope He is working in your lives right now too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gwen Jackson said...

Thanks for sharing what you are learning.

It was so great to be with you and Jon last night! Good to laugh.

Love your new blog look.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home