Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I've been gone for awhile due to having surgery on my wrist last week. That crazy, huge, ugly cyst that I had removed last year came right back, so I had it removed again. Supposedly, my doctor here is a world-renowned hand surgeon. He is very strict too. I had to leave the bandage and splint on for a whole week. When I went in today to have the bandage removed, the doc said I had to wear a splint for another two weeks! I was so discouraged. I'm having trouble keeping my peace and having God's perspective on the whole thing. Jon reminded me today that in the big scheme of life, this is so temporary and unworthy of my frustrating energy. Praise the Lord for church friends who are bringing meals, and addressing my Christmas cards, and just praying for us all the time. I may not update for awhile since it's a pain to type one-handed!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Adams Family said...

Hope everything is okay and will pray for your recovery in time for Christmas so you don't have to wear it on Christmas Day. :-)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Thanks, Pam. I may get out of Christmas wrapping this year though! I might delegate that to my mom!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Judah said...

praying for quick recovery for you.
and Jon is right, don't let your silly wrist steal your joy

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home